Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Walk

I love Spring, but the weather is so unpredictable.  Today for example we started with cold, gloomy, yet dry weather that went to actual rain showers and then the sun came out and it felt warm enough to take off coats.  Then the wind started picking up and the coats went back on.  

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous though, hot even.  So we spent most of the day outside.  When it comes to Spring weather, you just gotta take advantage of the nice days when you get them.

I decided to take pictures of our walk one warm day.  Here's our walk in pictures.  





A small mound of dirt...


 that turned out to be ants.  
The kids were mesmerized.  We watched them for a long time.  We were all half amazed, half freaked out.



We stopped by a park on our walk.  Logan's off playing; wouldn't stand still long enough for a picture.

A man was out working in his garden and as we walked by he gave Taylor a huge daffodil.  It made her day!

My all-time favorite flower.  I just love them.

We often ride/walk by a local park that also has a skate park.  The kids love riding their bikes up and down the ramps.  They do this of course during school hours, because after school it is overflowing with "skaters."

Once we went passed in the afternoon and there were several youth, milling about, wearing black tee-shirts with who knows what symbols and phrases on them and black pants that lack belts to keep them up properly, all with music plugged into at least one of their ears, and smoking, eating and drinking.  I think I might have even seen one skating.

Taylor, meanwhile is in her own little world, riding her bike next to Logan and myself.  We are on the sidewalk, passing the skate park and Taylor is singing, almost shouting, "NEPHI WAS COURAGEOUS, THIS WAS HIS REPLY, I WILL GO, I WILL DO, THE THING THE LORD COMMANDS..."  It was quite the contrast.


The other day, Logan confessed to me that he was coming down the stairs recklessly, fast and stiff-legged too.  Apparently he scared himself and almost got hurt.  

After he told me all of this, I asked him, "And what lesson did you learn?"

He answered, "To just go down the stairs normal, with joints in your legs!"

Another time we were all watching a movie.  (Now when the kids are watching t.v., you might as well not even talk to them because it's not like they're going to respond anyway).

Then Logan unexpectedly turned to me for five seconds and said, "Little kids have an attention span of... only one..."

Yes?  I'm waiting.  One what?  We'll never know because our little one was already back to watching the movie. 


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures! I love to read about your adventures and see how the kids are growing up. Thanks for sharing. Love ya and miss ya.