Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Happy Easter!  
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

I don't usually do much for holidays.  They have a way of sneaking up on me and catching me unprepared.  So Saturday, James asked me if I had anything planned.  I told him, "No, of course not."

So he went shopping for the ham and potatoes that he'd be fixing for Easter dinner.  He also got some jelly beans and luckily we already had empty Easter eggs from previous years. 

So we ended up with Easter festivities in spite of my failings as a holiday enthusiast.  (My mother always decorated for each and every thing that could possibly be called a holiday.   I just didn't inherit her creativity or energy I guess).  

Church came before everything though.  During Sacrament Meeting Taylor made me some "math" to do.  (I ask the kids to do a couple of math pages almost everyday.  So Taylor has taken it upon herself to make sure I have math to do too).  
 

This is the page she handed me during church, complete with instructions.  She made it up all by herself, without any help from anyone.


"Write how many squares are in the box"

"Write how many triangles are in the box"
She's just too cute.  James and I chuckled our proud heads off all during the intermediate hymn.


The Easter Egg Hunt.  

The kids insisted on doing it in our postage stamp sized living room.  I wanted to do it outside, in our front yard.  It took them less than 5 minutes to find all of their eggs (eight each).  Maybe that's why they wanted them hidden in a small area, to get to the candy sooner.


I tried hiding Logan's a little harder than Taylor's.  But it was Taylor who ended up helping Logan find some of his.  She'd stand near his egg and clear her throat loudly, while pointing in the direction of his egg.  
 

We also introduced the kids to Peeps.


 They both liked them.

Since it was such a beautiful day, James took the kids to the school playground near our house.  I followed a few minutes later with the camera. 


















And there you have it, our simple, yet beautiful Easter.  The kids loved telling us about what they learned in church, about the resurrection and Jesus "coming back to life!"  

No comments: