Sunday, September 16, 2012

Neahkanie Mt.

 If you want a view like this...



you've got to do a hike like this!

Look at those roots!  And yes, it was really steep.


 We recently hiked to the summit of Neahkanie Mt. as a family.  It was 2 & 1/2 miles, one way and about 1000 feet of climbing.  

 Before we got into the trees we had amazing views of the coastline. 

 The vastness of the ocean is just amazing!



 The view, breathtaking!


 I love this view too!






Logan did great, of course.  He's an old pro at hiking now.

  We were at little worried about Taylor, but she did awesome.  She walked the whole way.

It was a wonderful family outing.  Then we went for pizza and everybody knows pizza tastes better after a long hike.  So it was some pretty tasty pizza!

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Beautiful family and beautiful photos!!!

Kristina said...

Your beach experience was much different than ours, ha. Why did I never hear about such a beautiful hike? And what breathtaking photos! My boys are totally bored without Logan. Oh we miss Oregon. I'm on my way back right now, to get my library book and go on that hike!