Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pinewood Derby

We just experienced our first Pinewood Derby.  And I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the building process, but I did get pictures of the big night. 

Logan's car is the blue one with yellow strips.  He chose the colors and pattern himself.  He sanded and sanded and sanded.  He also polished the wheels and axles, "to make it faster!"

  Logan & Taylor, all lined up and waiting for the races to begin.


He was so excited all month and it was finally time to race!

  We had no idea how he'd do, but as it turned out, he did well... 

 ...very well.   

His car is the one that's already finished! Each car raced several times.  I thought Logan was doing pretty well.  I thought he might end up getting 4th overall.

Turns out he got 2nd place! Out of everyone in his Pack!  He was very happy.  He loves his ribbon & silver medal!  And even more, he loves that he can actually "play" with his Pinewood Derby now.  We kept telling him, "It's not a toy.  You can't play with it until after the Pinewood Derby."

 The silver medalist's car.  It was a great evening and very rewarding for Logan who worked and worried so much over his car. 

Way to go, Logan!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's GREAT Logan! Way to go. Jake liked making his cars too.

me/mom/NANA said...

Great job Logan. I love the colors and I know you worked hard on your car!