Thursday, December 19, 2013

Birthday Boy


James is the birthday boy this time.  The kids are always so excited whenever it's anyone's birthday.  They love giving gifts and watching other people open them.


 Logan's card to his Daddy.


"Dear Daddy/Father,  thank you for being my dad!  thank you for... taking me on bike rides.... & showing me things on my nexus 7 & getting me a nexus 7..... & many many more thing love your son Logan Edward Sharp the first"  

Then Logan drew a picture of himself and his dad riding bikes. 



Taylor's card to her dad.  She also drew a picture of the two of them on bikes.


"Dear Daddy, Happy Brithday!  I love, you, you cooking, you being an eai (eye) dokter.  I love you 100,000,000,000,000  Love, Taylor"

She drew more pictures inside of the two of them doing things together.

James had set a goal and worked toward it and accomplished it.  The goal was to be completely done with all three Board exams by his birthday.  I think that was the greatest birthday gift this year.  To have all of those behind him.  

His birthday has fallen on Finals week for the last 3 years, so it was very nice that he didn't have to take a final and/or study for a final on his birthday.  

For nearly the entire first month of this rotation, James was studying for his last exam.  He would come home from work and study until dinner and then go study some more and then come out for family prayer and putting the kids to bed, then he'd study some more.  

He'd say things like, "Well, I'm heading back into the cave."  "You know where to find me, I'll be in the cave studying."  Etc.  


The kids had no idea what this meant, but they drew pictures of what they imagined it to mean and put them on the door of the study.  This one is Logan's.



Taylor's cave has an eye ball in it, and I'm sure there is a reason for it, I just don't know what it is.  Her sign is more lenient than Logan's, as it says, "Do Not come in, unless you really need to."

Now that Boards are over, James hardly spends any time in "the cave."



This is another drawing Taylor made for James on his birthday.  I think that's James and he's at his desk, in the study.  Then there is some dialog, something like this, 

"I think you'r amaging (imagining) in the cave"

"No amagnashun (imagination)"

"How r u doing"

"Ok"

"Rede (ready)"

"Grat (great)"

"Kuming Bak (coming back)"

I don't really understand it, but I'm not surprised.  It is a conversation between herself and her dad. 

So for James' birthday we actually went out to lunch as a family this year and then made him a special dinner of Swiss Enchiladas, which we were able to share with his parents as well.  He had all the time in the world to spend with us and it was wonderful!

Happy Birthday, Babe!  Hope you had a great day, (even though you did have to work on your special day).  Love you!





No comments: