Sunday, August 17, 2014

Coastal Pictures - July 2014

I've taken so many pictures of the beach since we moved here.  Every time we go down I take more pictures.  They are becoming difficult to manage.  So I'm going to share some of the ones I took in July.  



A family of seals are frequently seen on this rock.  They are usually out during high tide, when people can't get too close to them without getting wet. 



So this is as close as I could get.  I'm not getting wet just for a better picture of some stinky seals.



We haven't seen them in awhile now, as we've mostly been going to the beach at low tide.  



 Here are a few low tide pictures.  That's Face Rock. 





















We wandered in a different direction one day and found that the smooth, sandy beach became a pebbly beach.  I don't know if that's normal or not.  



Another shot of the pebbly beach.  I really like the clouds in this picture.  I think I'm a "clouds" person.  


Unfortunately, many days on the coast are foggy, even when it's sunny just 2 miles to the east, so I don't always get to see those puffy, white clouds I love. 



Foggy and windy afternoon on the bluff, overlooking the beach.  You can hardly see the ocean behind Logan. 


Sometimes we stumble upon other peoples' creations, like this sandcastle.  






 This driftwood arrangement reminded us of a boat,



with it's mast and bow. 


There is something relaxing and awe inspiring about watching the waves come ashore.   



I don't know if you can capture that feeling on film.  It might also have to do with the sound of the surf and the vastness of the landscape, all of it together creating that sense of beauty and calm.





I keep taking pictures of the waves anyway, but it just doesn't do it justice.


 A few pictures taken from the bluff.














 Some Coquille River Lighthouse shots.



 We've lived here for 3 months now and have yet to go to the lighthouse.  We really need to do that.  




We have a pretty good view of it though, just across the river. 



 More beautiful clouds.  The lighthouse is there too, in the distance.














Logan now wants to be in the Coast Guard.   So we walked down to the harbor one day and let him get a closer look at the Coast Guard boat.  




Fun on the boardwalk. 








"I love going to the beach!"  

So, there you have it.  The month of July on the coast, in pictures.  


No comments: