Monday, September 15, 2014

Cranberry Festival

Our new town is famous for it's cranberries.  Many of them go to a little company called, Ocean Spray.  

There are acres and acres of cranberry bogs.  They even have an annual Cranberry Festival.  This year was their 68th year.  

It's a huge event.  They have a parade, a cruise-in car show, booths, baking contests, cranberry eating contest, a Cranberry Court of a queen and princesses, etc.  

This year, James' office decided to enter a float in the parade.  So, James & Taylor got to walk in the parade.  Taylor handed out chocolate "eyeballs" and James handed out sunglasses.  I think James had fun.  I know Taylor did.  

Logan didn't want anything to do with walking in a parade.  Too many people would be looking at him.  No, thank you!  So he and I watched from the sidelines.

I took tons of pictures with the nice, big camera, then got home and realized I didn't have a card in the camera.  So I didn't really take any pictures at all!  I was so mad at myself.  I'm still very disappointed.  

I only have a couple of pictures that I took before the parade, with my phone.  


The entire festival had a country theme this year, "The Cranberry Round-Up."  So the parade float had western decor.  



Taylor got to wear her cowboy outfit, boots and hat.  She was the cutest little cowgirl!   



Then we walked around and looked at all the neat cars.  Logan was amazed at how small the original Mini's were.  "I'm taller than it!" he shouted. 


He has always liked Corvettes.  I remember when he was 4 or 5 years old, he couldn't quite tell a Corvette from several other types of cars out there.  He'd get all excited because a Corvette passed us, but it turned out to be a Pontiac or something else.  He's much better now. 



This truck reminded me of what the "Silver Bullet" might look like someday, if it ever gets restored.  The "Silver Bullet" is my Grandpa's old Chevy truck.  My dad has it now.  



Doc Hudson was even there, from the movie, "Cars."  The Hudson Hornet.



Here are a few of the cars Taylor enjoyed.  This one was unique, with pipes on the outside of the car.



 A roadster with a flame paint job and enormous rear wheels. 



And Taylor found the rumble seat in this antique.  




This old truck's license plates says, "Jhnboy."  Just like The Walton's truck, I guess.  



 My favorite car was this Shelby Cobra.  Beautiful. 



And it looks like a lot of fun to drive.  

We had a good time, walking around as a family.  I just wish I had pictures of Taylor in the parade to show you.  Maybe next time.  


No comments: