Monday, June 18, 2012

Father, Son Hiking... Again

 James and Logan went hiking again.  This time it was to Elk Mountain. 

 It was steeper than their last hike, but had much better views. 

 There's not too much I can say about it since I wasn't there, but I hear Logan did amazing.  He never complained about anything and he climbed like a mountain goat. 




James gave Logan a little tin and he used it to collect interesting things he found on the hike.  The first thing he did when he got back was show Taylor and I his treasures.

I did suggest that James come up with something he could do with just Taylor.  She's going to complain one of these times.  Hiking's not her thing though.  Her attention span isn't that long. 

She and I went on a bike ride while the guys were off hiking.  She loved that.  She kept saying things like, "Mom, this is the first time you've worn a bike helmet."  And, "I've never seen you ride your bike before!"  And, "I can't believe you're riding your bike with me!"  

Yes, it's been awhile, but come on, you're making me feel bad!  My rear end could only take a few minutes on the bike.  I guess it has been a long time.  

I should ride with the kids more often.  I'll get right on that... just as soon as my bum isn't so sore! 




 

No comments: