Thursday, September 26, 2013

More Parks

Looking at a map of our area, you'd see a few million places labeled, "park."   Then if you were to drive to said "parks," you'd find a piece of grass with a sign, stating the name of the so called "park."  

A piece of grass, with nothing in it.  I suppose that's important to have in a city, (a green area), but to me, this is not a park.  A park has to have a playground and other "stuff" in it.

Then a friend showed me where I could go online and find parks by features, such a playground and restrooms, another must.

So with a narrowed down list, our search for a park continues (even though we've found 2 great ones already).  Our search continues, just for the fun of it.

 
 This is a very small park, called, "Fifth Street Park." 


Of this park, Taylor said, "It's not very much fun, but I like it anyway."   So I guess this park is a no-go.


Then there was "Rosa Park."  The park, not the person.  It's located on Rosa Road.


The kids liked this one, but there wasn't much of a place for me to walk around.  That's one of my criteria that the kids don't take into consideration.  I like to do laps while the kids play, but I have to be able to keep them in sight.


 So even though it gets a thumbs up from the kids, it's another no-go.


A park near Whole Foods is another one the kids love.  It's a huge park, with a splash pad too.  

It's a little out of our way though, as we don't go this way often, 


but when we do I think we'll have to stop and play awhile.  

 It's only draw back is that it doesn't have a path around it that I can walk. 

So it's one of those parks where the kids play and I actually sit down and watch them, which is okay, occasionally.  


So our search continued to a park we passed by many times.  Finally the weather cooperated long enough to ensure...

dry dirt bumps.  


Of course the kids really loved this park, especially Logan.  

Our ability to come here depends on the weather though, so I'm afraid with Fall in the air, we won't be here very often.




Taylor rode her loop several times and then set her bike aside...

 to play at the actual park.



Meanwhile, Logan rode around...


and around...


 and around the "dirt bumps." 


Smiling the entire time.  He was in heaven.  We're having a bit of rainy weather right now, but hopefully we'll be able to make it back here before our rotation ends.  

Currently it's not raining, so I think we're going to go check out a couple more parks today.  We'll let you know if they're worth writing home about.  











 

3 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

By the time you find the "perfect" park you will probably be moving so just keep enjoying ALL the parks you visit along the way. It will be fun to see just how many parks you do visit!

One Step At A Time said...

I want to come see the perfect park when is chooses not to rain. The kids love dirt trails and I love walking paths. I hope you are happy.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a great time. Those dirt bumps look pretty fun. Be careful!