Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tea Party

About four years ago, we moved away from Corvallis, Oregon and away from some very good friends.  Right now we're only one hour apart, the closest we've lived to them since we left.

Knowing we're going to move further away from them soon, we're trying to get together as much as possible before then.  My kids are thrilled about this.


This week the girls had a tea party with their dolls.



 They were served yummy cinnamon rolls,



and drank water out of teeny tea cups.  (Oh, it looks like Tinkerbell was there too).  They had so much fun being all sophisticated and lady-like. 



 And while the girls were sipping tea, the boys were shooting all the "Battle Droids."   It's good to know we were well protected.  My hero!

Last week, Taylor drew this picture:
It's of Anna and Olaf the snowman, and Kristoff from the movie Frozen.  Olaf says, "I'm going in with Anna."  Then Anna says, "no you'r not, you are"  And then Kristoff says, "I'll waet wate what here."  

I just love how Taylor tried so hard to spell the word, "wait."  Most of the time the kids say, "Mom, how do you spell, 'house'?"  "How do you spell, 'because'?"  I'm asked multiple times a day, "How do you spell..."  


Here's another drawing Taylor made, of Elsa, who is one of the main characters in Frozen.  Elsa is saying, "The cooled nevr botherd me enewa."  (The cold never bothered me anyway).  

Isn't that so precious?  I think it's just adorable.  We've got it hanging on the fridge, it's just too cute.  

The other day we were watching "How the Universe Works" on Netflicks.  It's a fascinating show, just full of so much information.  It's all about space and planets and how immense the universe is.  It truly is mind-boggling.  

So Taylor is watching this show and hears something that she finds amazing.  Her eyes get huge and she turns to me and says, "that's so mind-bothering."  I just started laughing, I thought it was so funny.  She still says cute stuff.  

Just yesterday morning, we were snuggling in my bed.  She heard a funny noise and asked what it was.  I said, "That's just my tummy growling.  It's saying, 'feed me.  I'm hungry'."  

Then I told her, "but my mind says, 'don't stop snuggling with Taylor.' And my heart says, 'I love to snuggle with Taylor'."

Taylor started to get up then.  She said to me, "Don't go anywhere.  I'll be right back and I'll make all your body parts happy!"

She left and I heard her rummaging around in the kitchen, downstairs.  Just a  minute later she comes back upstairs with a bowl of corn Chex and a spoon.  

Then she sat right next to me, so we could still snuggle while I ate breakfast in bed.  All my body parts were so happy and my heart especially, felt like would burst.  She is the sweetest girl ever!  I love my Taylor Girl.


 



  

No comments: