Thursday, October 6, 2011

Singing in the Rain

The rains have come.  It's Autumn.  I love fall weather.  It doesn't get too hot anymore.  The leaves are changing color.  There's a feeling of crispness in the air.  There's usually not a ton of rain yet.

Although, we've already had a couple of autumn storms come in and they've brought lots of rain and wind.  Normally we just stay in, on days like these. 

But one of Logan's church friends moved into the neighborhood, just 2 doors down in fact.  Logan loves having a friend his age in the neighborhood. One who is a boy and likes to play the same things Logan does and ride bikes.  

So as soon as the neighbor friend is spotted outside each day, I hear, "MOM!  He's outside!  He's outside!  CanIgooutside,Mom,please,Mom,please!?!"

"But it's raining!" I say. 

Apparently, that doesn't matter.  Logan, of course doesn't go to the same school as his friend, so there is only limited play time together.  So I said that he could go out, even though it was raining.  


They ran and splashed and rode there bikes, seeing how far they could turn them around by skidding.


We are sooooo lucky!  We have our very own stream running through our driveway, EVERY time it rains!  
Needless to say he got soaking wet.  
His shoes are still drying out, days later.

Taylor went out in the rain too, but she was wearing a new, long, twirly skirt, so I told her to be extra careful not to get it wet and muddy. 


She, of course obeyed, because that's the kind of girl she is.

Her boots are still drying out too.  
And I poured about a gallon of water out of each boot.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I LOVE these pictures! It's raining here, too. But it's so cold! My three-year-old told me all day yesterday that today it would snow. I told him he was wrong. But he was right--some of the rain is actually snow! Brrr. I want play-able rain. :)

me/mom/NANA said...

I love your stories and really love these photos. Taylor is such a lady, wet or dry...