Friday, October 28, 2011

Been Busy

With Taylor's birthday and Halloween, October is a busy month for us.  This year I decided to make Taylor an apron for her birthday and a Rapunzel dress costume for Halloween. 

Last time I attempted to make a Halloween costume for Taylor,


I packed everything up in frustration and drove to my parents house.  "Please help me fix it, Mom!"  I fully expected to have to do that again.

But at the same time, I was determined to do it on my own, just to see if I could.  

So, like I said, I've been busy cutting,

Pinning,

and sewing.  I even put in a zipper!


Puff sleeves.
And I made her some Rapunzel "hair."

The finished product.  Just don't look too closely.  There are flaws everywhere. 

I was even able to make Taylor a little Trick or Treat bag out of the extra fabric and lace.  Though I'm sure my mom would have gladly helped me, I'm glad I can say that I was able to make it on my own.  It's a great feeling of accomplishment.

Today we went trick or treating to the Optometry class rooms.  So Logan and Taylor were able to see their dad in class today.  They were all dressed up in their Halloween costumes. 
The kids loved seeing their dad in his classroom!  And he even gave them candy! 

Since I had so much fun making Taylor's costume, I decided to make Logan a karate costume.  But after Logan saw his friends dressed up as ninja's, he wanted to be a ninja like them.  That was easy enough, just don't put sleeves on the karate costume, and ta-dah, a ninja.



With some sweet ninja skills!

Happy Halloween 2011

1 comment:

me/mom/NANA said...

YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB. You should be very proud of the outfits. I am sure both Logan and Taylor are proud of you, I know I am. You did an awsome job. See what you can do. I knew you could but you now you know it too.