Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wedded Bliss

March 21st 1998

14 years ago, James and I were married.  We were told there in the temple how fast it would go by.  It was hard to believe then, but it really has flown by.  

I asked the kids a few questions about marriage and this is how they responded:

Q: How long have Mommy and Daddy been married?
Logan: 40 years.
Taylor: Forty Hundred years!

Taylor: You know what's the best part of getting married?  You get to dress in fancy clothes.

Q: How old do you think Mommy was when she got married?
Logan: 14
Taylor: 12
Logan: 29

Q: How old was Daddy when he got married?
Taylor: 40
Logan: Let me think. 32

Q: Where did Mommy and Daddy get married?
Taylor: Where?
Logan: Salt Lake City Temple.  I mean Portland Temple.

Q: Do you think Mommy and Daddy have a good marriage?
Logan: Yes
Taylor: Well, do you?

Q: What makes a good marriage?
Logan: I don't know.
Taylor: Kisses
Logan: I have no clue.
Taylor: and Hugs

Q: Do you want to get married someday?
Logan: I don't know.
Taylor: Yes (nods her head)

Q: Where do you want to get married?
Taylor: Portland Temple
Logan: Oregon Temple.  The one we live closest to.

Q: How old do you think you'll be when you get married?
Logan: 25
Taylor: 30
Logan: 35

Q: Logan, what do you think the person you're going to marry will be like?  
Logan: I have no clue.  I don't want to guess.

Q: Do you think there's a little girl out there who's going to be your wife someday?
Logan: Yes

Q: Taylor, what do you think the person you're going to marry will be like?
Taylor: Strong. Handsome. And kind.

Q: Have you thought about this before?
Taylor: Yes.

Q: Do you think there's a little 5-year-old boy out there who's going to be your husband? 
Taylor: or 6-year-old.  Or if I don't find anyone like I said, I'll just marry Cade.  (The boy across the street again). 

Maybe we should discuss marriage more often in our home.

No comments: