Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Colorado! (part 1)

We got to go to Colorado and visit my sister, Elizabeth! And her family too, of course.  And my parents who were also visiting.

 We were so excited to go.  We've never visited her in Colorado before and she's lived there for 9 years.  It was a long overdue trip. 


The kids went on their first airplane flight!  There were so many reasons for excitement surrounding this trip.  Here they are with their new luggage, entering the airport. 


 
When the pilot and co-pilot of the plane found out that this was Logan & Taylor's 1st flight, they invited and pretty much insisted on having them come sit in their seat.  


That's where the enjoyment of flying ended.  

Then we had to go find our seats; myself, the 2 kids and they each had a carry-on, plus my backpack and purse.  (I got our seats as close to each other as I possibly could, but we weren't all going to be in the same row.  Someone was going to have to sit in front of the other two).  

We were one of the last ones on and the plane was late already and the flight attendants were trying to hurry people along and Logan started getting scared and whiny when he found out I wanted him to sit in a different row then me and the lady we had to crawl over wasn't happy with us and she really got upset when we asked if there was anyway she could switch seats so that Logan could sit by me.  

I was stressed and upset and feeling horrible the entire flight.  I was a little nervous anyway because the last time I flew was Sept. 10th 2001, the day before 9.11!  I was very relieved to get off that plane and even more relieved the next day when there was no sign of a terrorist attack. 

The big reason we went to Colorado when we did...
was for this very special event.
  
My dad was baptizing my nephew and niece.  It was a very spiritual baptism and confirmation. 


We could hardly get everyone to stand still and be serious long enough for a photo, but the baptism was wonderful, in spite of us all.  

 Then the kids got down to business, petting cows, 


riding the zip line, 




making homemade pizza in a real brick oven,

 tie dying shirts,



playing outside, 

 
and swimming, 


 
swimming, 


and more swimming.  


And just plain goofing off in the water.  

The kids loved every minute of their visit with their cousins.  They started the week not really knowing who each other was, but they instantly bonded and ended the week best friends. 


Cousins in tie dye and flip flops!







2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

That is a great part one. I love all the photos and the tie dye shirts really turned out cool. I am glad the "cousins" had so much fun together too. Can't wait for parts two and three.

Elizabeth said...

We're so glad you got to come! We miss you already. I need to get copies of your pictures.