Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Left Over Cookies?


Never, not ever, in my entire life has this ever happened before.  I have no idea how old these cookies are.  I opened the cookie jar to put new cookies in and found that there were already cookies in the there.  

Usually we eat them or give them away so fast we don't even bother with a cookie jar in the first place.  The first thing I did was try one. It was... dry!  Yeah, they'd been in there awhile.  I couldn't finish it, but the thought occured to me that they might be good dipped in milk. 

I dumped them in the trash though since I honestly don't know how old they are. They still looked beautiful though.


My kids found these "sugar cookies" in the store and wanted to make them.  


So we baked them and tasted them and I was going to put the rest in the cookie jar.  But I'm not sure if that is a good idea now.  We may never remember them if they go in there. 

1 comment:

James said...

I really need to check the jar more often! Left over cookies are a tragedy.