Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Logan's Genius Plan

Well, first of all you've got to understand that we haven't seen much of James these last couple of weeks.  That's just the way it goes when you're in graduate school.  It's rough on Logan to have James gone so much.  

Although James does try to come home around dinner time to spend a couple hours with the kids before bed, sometimes he can't.  Yesterday was one of those days.  James got home after Taylor was already asleep and Logan should have been.  


So tonight James came home early and everybody was happy.  Then, as I was tucking Logan into bed he revealed his genius plan to me.  He whispered, "Tomorrow, I'm going to get up really early, before Dad even gets up.  Then I'm going to dress like him and go to his school and CANCEL school for the whole day!!!!  Then Dad can spend all day with us."  

I just told Logan, "That's a great plan!" 



Logan & James at Ecola State Park, a few weeks ago.

I think James' being in optometry school is hardest on Logan.  He's right at that age when he really wants to be with his dad and do stuff with him.  I hope it lasts well beyond when James is done with school. 

(P.S. James, this isn't meant to make you feel guilty, just to remind you of how much you are loved and missed, especially by one little, 7-year-old boy.)

3 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Logan now has an email account...maybe he should start sending notes that way or just leaving a note for his dad. You could also go to the dollar store and buy LOTS of 50 cent cards and stash them in your bedroom and then once or twice a week James could leave a little note for Logan and Taylor. I would suggest he leave seperate notes. A Sunday afternoon outing for an ice cream cone goes a long way with little 7 year old boys as well. Taking that same little boy as a home teaching companion also give time together and teaches the love and joy of home teaching. Especially if they only go to one active family. Lots of ways to get one on one time without being in the same room. I am sure you can come up with lots of ideas and I KNOW Logan can. Good luck.

Joleane said...

Thanks Mom. Those are all great ideas! We'll do them. Logan needs the practice, typing and writing. :)

me/mom/NANA said...

Joleane don't tell Logan he is practicing his writing, he may not want to do it if he is like my children were. :0)