Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making Pumpkin Bread

I enjoy baking for the holidays, baking... not cooking dinners, especially if it's not obligatory baking.  So, anyway, I've been baking pumpkin bread lately.  

Well, today Taylor helped me in the kitchen.
 

She was so excited to help me and wear her new apron.  "I have an apron, just like you!" she said.  And she wanted to do as much as possible, all by herself.


So I taught her how to crack open an egg. 


She was so proud of herself.  Right after she finished with the eggs, I got a phone call.  While I was on the phone she whispered to me, "whoever it is, tell them that I cracked the eggs all by myself!"  It was her father on the phone, by the way. 


Adding the spices.


Happy helper.


We made muffins with the extra bread dough.




And then frosted them to make them extra yummy.


Baking makes Taylor happy, and that makes me happy too.

1 comment:

me/mom/NANA said...

Maybe she is going to open a cupcake/muffin shop when she gets older. Good job Taylor. They look yummy and so do you.