Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Reading

We've been doing lots of Christmas reading lately.  I love reading to my kids and what better books to read than Christmas books!?!  

So far we've just been reading books from the library.  I started putting them on hold before Thanksgiving, to beat the rush.  

So far we read these:



Some of our favorites are:
(Piggies find the true meaning of Christmas)



(Kids thought this was a funny one)


(A classic! About the true spirit of Christmas)


(Another classic about what's really important)


(Logan's favorite)


(Taylor's favorite)


(fun, rhyming read)


(about the spirit of the holidays, great illustrations)

(Beautiful story about the true meaning of Christmas)


(just a fun book)

(another classic)


(We all love Llama Llama)

The kids love reading their favorite ones over and over.  I think I'm going to have to get down our box of Christmas books soon.  
Happy Holiday Reading, Everyone!!!

What are some of your favorite Christmas books?
 

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've got a collection of Christmas books that I plan to wrap up every year and use as an Advent Calendar. Then they kids can upwrap a "present" every night and we'll read the book. Somehow though, every year the days get away from me and we end up just reading them.

Elizabeth said...

:) yippee! I was able to comment finally. I'm not sure what I did differently.

me/mom/NANA said...

My favorite Christmas book is the story of the Magi and the Christmas Orange. Almost any Christmas story or song makes me cry and miss my children and grandchildren. They also remind me of the reason for the season. Enjoy your reading.

Joleane said...

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you can comment now too! Yay!!!
My sister-in-law, Libby wraps up her Christmas books too and unwraps and reads one a night.
We did that for a couple of years, the kids loved it.
Mom, I'll have to look for those books. I've never come across "The Christmas Orange" book before. I'll have to search for it.
Thanks.