Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Parade of Lights

Every year our town has it's own little Parade of Lights.  The kids and I went last year.  This year we dragged James along with us.  It was very cold, but fun.  Here are some of the sights. 


The cutest thing at the whole parade!


Antique, horse-drawn fire engine.






That's a big Santa!


And those are some loooong logs!


The kids ooh-ed and aah-ed.

Some of the participants threw candy to the kids, 
so Logan & Taylor had fun filling their pockets. 

Then we trudged back home, 10 miles, uphill, in the driving snow and wind.  Okay, maybe not.  It was really only 2 blocks, 
but it was cold.  

Taylor was wearing furry boots and was shuffling along.  
I told her to pick up her feet and stop shuffling.  
She replied, "But Gravity is pulling me down!"




3 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

I love it and I was oohing and ahing as I looked at the photos. Was it really snowing? No snow predicted here for at least the next 10 days. Your dad says it is too cold to snow. This works for me.

James said...

Man, those are great pictures! I wonder who took them... ;)

Joleane said...

Yes, I should have given credit to you, James for your photography! :)
You did a great job, much better than I could have done.