Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, James!

Happy Birthday, James!!!  

I hope it wasn't too disappointing.  I'm sorry it was on a Monday.  I'm sorry you had to take a final on your birthday.  I'm sorry you had to study for another final the rest of the day.  I'm sorry we couldn't even go out for lunch or dinner.  I'm sorry your present was too BIG to wrap.  I am sorry I didn't even put a bow on it though.  I'm sorry you didn't get any birthday cards.  I should have tried to do more.

 

I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday "cake" though.
Apple pie.  It's been awhile.


And your birthday present. An oscillating, 
remote-controlled, dish heater...


So that you can study in your garage, 
even when it's freezing outside, literally. 

I love having you close by, even if it's on the other side of the door.  It makes me feel better knowing you're there if I need you, like when Logan woke up and still had his headache.  You were able to talk to him while I went across the street and borrowed some ibuprofen from a friend .  Normally you'd have been on campus studying.  Aren't you glad you're so close now?!?

I love you, Babe!  Good luck on your last finals!

3 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

You can celebrate James' birthday some more after finals. I am sure he loved his "cake". I am also sure he will do great on his finals. He always does...

Libby said...

Argh! I am so sorry we were so slow. We did send James a card, but I can't seem to do anything on time anymore! (We're hoping to celebrate Christmas Dec 25--but it's definitely in question...)

Happy Birthday, James! We were thinking of you, if under-represented, as you took exams and studied your birthday away!

James said...

He doesn't always do great on his finals... Sometimes he just survives them.