Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowy Outside, Cozy Inside

I've really slacked on keeping up to date on the blog.  And I was doing so well.  I wish I could say that I've been too busy, but truthfully, I've just been too lazy.  I'll try to be better.  


It's been pretty cold and even snowy outside, so we've just been hanging out at home.  James is back in school now.  It's week 2 and he was already hoping for a Snow Day.  The snow came, but it came on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, when it was already a holiday.  Now that's irony for you.  (Actually it didn't snow enough that they would have canceled school).


It did snow enough last night though, that it delayed the University's start time, but didn't cancel it entirely.  So he's off at school right now.  

The kids have been enjoying the snow too.















I think it's time to go in and warm up with hot chocolate!!!

This freezing and snowy weather is perfect for curling up on the couch and reading a good book.  I just got done reading a great one to the kids over Christmas break.  James and I enjoyed it as well.  It's called "Tuesdays at the Castle" by Jessica Day George.  It's about a magical castle that changes every Tuesday, mostly adding a room or even an entire wing.  If the castle likes you, it will give you large comfortable rooms, but if it doesn't like you, you'll receive the opposite.  Great book!  Kids loved it.  



We've also been playing games and making forts.  We've, okay, I've also taken up knitting.  I tried teaching the kids, but lost patience with that.  I'll try again after I get some better yarn.  The kids have been diligently practicing the guitar Taylor got for Christmas.  And of course there's the Australian Open Tennis Tournament to follow.

Good times! 

We hope you all are enjoying good times too! 

 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it! You have more snow then we do right now. We don't have any snow. Don't get me wrong - I'm ok with that. There is nothing better than hot chocolate on a cold day or evening.

Libby said...

We still haven't had more than a light dusting of snow here--and that was only once. So jealous!

Joleane said...

Well all the snow is gone now, washed away by the rain. Every bit of lawn is super saturated now. We squish-squash & splish-splash just walking to the car. :)