Monday, January 30, 2012

Togetherness

Logan and Taylor got Legos for Christmas and I'm happy to report that they are still playing with them a month later.  Score! 

But then again, they are Legos.  We never really outgrow Legos, do we?

They recently worked together on a model of our house, including...  


a garage, complete with a car and bicycles,


Taylor's bedroom,


Logan's bedroom,


and a living room/Mom & Dad's bedroom.  (I guess we don't get a room to ourselves.  That's okay, we get the T.V. in our "room.")

Now, changing subjects completely, I remember how excited I was when Logan was able to read books to Taylor.  I thought it was so sweet.


Last week, I caught Taylor reading to Logan.  I thought that was awesome too.  I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up.  They are getting so independent in some ways.

Again, changing the subject, James is in the thick of it in school.  This week starts proficiency testing and midterms.  But the other evening he came home and laid down on the couch.  So of course the kids had to tackle him.

 
Ah, isn't that sweet.

What's funny, is what the picture doesn't tell.  What it doesn't show, of course, are the sounds I heard.  "Ouch! You poked me!"  "Sorry!"   "That was my ear you just yelled in!"  "Sorry!"  "I'm getting squished!"  "This is not comfortable."  "Just be still!" 

Of course there was lots of laughing too and that was the best sound of all,  James with his kids, having a great time!

Logan asked James to wake him up in the mornings so he could see his dad before school.  He was always so disappointed when he'd wake up and James would already be gone.  

So they've started spending time together over the breakfast table.  I can't express how great I think this is.  It's a time for Logan to have his dad's undivided attention.  It's a time for them to just visit with one another.   It's one on one, father/son time.  I'm so glad they found this time to be together.  I know it means a great deal to both of them too.


No comments: