Monday, February 27, 2012

Loganberry

Logan, poor guy, was playing outside this afternoon and collided with a friend.  Hard.  They both split their eyebrows open.  They both had to go to the ER.  

James took a picture while we were waiting at the ER.  I'm putting it at the very end of the post, so anyone who doesn't want to see it, won't have too.  It's a pretty deep, red gash.

The friend, a little girl, who is in Logan's primary class, ended up needing 7 stitches.  


Luckily, Logan's cut wasn't quite as deep.  The doctor glued it shut and it looks amazing now, compared to how it looked.  You wouldn't know it to look at it now, but it was a horrible cut.  


Well, Logan, welcome to the club, Buddy.  The Club of Scarred Eyebrows, that so many of us already belong to.  I know I'm a member of that club too.  I think a coffee table collision is how I got mine. 

Poor boy.  Here's his "before" picture.  







3 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

OH MY GOODNESS... Hope both little ones are feeling better today and are still friends. How did they collide? Logan you sure look brave. Good for you.

Elizabeth said...

WOW - must have been one heck of a collide. Hope he is feeling better today.

Logan: "Chicks dig scars" (so I've been told...)

Joleane said...

Well, to be honest, I didn't see "the collision." I was inside making dinner and was going to keep Logan and Taylor inside, since I couldn't be out there with them, but another mom said she'd keep an eye on them. It was a beautiful, sunny day, so I let them go out.
James had just walked up, from being at school (it happened about 5pm). I heard and recognized Logan's scream. I knew he'd gotten hurt before I even saw him.
Logan says that all the neighborhood kids that were playing out decided to run after one particular kid. Logan and the other girl had circled around the boy from different angles. They both had their eyes on the boy and didn't see the other coming. They were running full speed and just clocked each other.
It was a total fluke of an accident. I mean, what are the odds!?!
He's feeling so much better now. The hardest part now, is making him take it easy, so he doesn't accidentally re-injure it.