Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taylor's Swimming

Yay!!!  It's finally Taylor's turn.  She's been waiting so patiently for her chance to get in the pool.  She watched Logan get to go for over a month.  Every time, she'd ask, "When's it going to be my turn?"  "Did you sign me up for swimming lesson yet?"  "Do I get to swim tomorrow?"  



Finally I can say yes, it's your turn!  

She loves her time in the pool.  


She's the most fearless one in her class.  All the other little kids wait for instructions, Taylor just plows right in and dunks her whole head!


"Swimming Hands" 
 (closed fingers)


Floating on her back.  She's so good she can balance a toy on her tummy!


Ready!


Set!


Go!!!

Not much lift...


but a lot of splash!

I'd say Taylor's made a big splash with her swimming teacher and all her new swimming friends as well.  One little girl, said she would be Taylor's friend "for the rest of forever."

Her teacher says she "amazing!"  and all the other moms can't believe this is Taylor's first time in the pool.  

Logan now has to take his turn sitting out and watching.  Today he brought a book to look at.  That helped him stay in his seat for about 5 mins.  

Yesterday, he was showing me the math page he was working on.  He had problems such as, 5 + ? = 13.  He got the answer right, so I asked him how he went about finding the answer, thinking he'd explain his reasoning.  He just said, "I used my brain."  Like, duh, Mom.  

We've started having James "grade" the kids' math pages at the end of the day.  They all enjoy that.  They each get to show off their work to dad and they talk about what they did that day.  

The kids always get A+ or A on their math.  One day, Logan told me he wanted to get a B, just to be different.  I said, "No!  You don't want to do that!"  I tried to explain to him that B's are not better.

2 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Thanks for the update. We love them. Keep them coming. That Taylor is fearless Papa says and that is kind of cool. We love and miss you all lots.

Elizabeth said...

Great Job Taylor. That is exciting. You need to come to Colorado this summer and go swimming with your cousins - they would love it!