Thursday, February 20, 2014

Moving Again

Well, we are moving again, but that's no surprise.  It's been 3 months already!  We've successfully completed another rotation.  James passed with honors, again.  We are all so proud of him and so excited to be getting closer to graduation.  


We're just too tired to act excited.  We've been busy packing and cleaning.  

So I thought I'd just post one last blog before we shut down the internet.  Here's some pictures of what we've been up to during this rotation. 

 Finding fish. 


Of all colors.  Actually we only found these two.


We also found some mechanical junk that Logan insists was a piece of the Apollo 13 spacecraft.  "It looks just like it!"


We also found where James worked during this rotation, the VA.



We strolled the grounds one beautiful, chilly day. 



I love these old colonial-style, brick houses they have on the VA property. 


I would love a home like this.  It just screams, "History!" and "Drafty," but I'm going to focus on the history part.


Speaking of dream houses, mine is just down the hill from where we're living.  I've driven past it and sighed, about a million times now. 


This would be the view from my dream house.  It just keeps getting better and better.  And I'm pretty sure the house is vacant.  I've never seen any cars there or coming and going from there.  There are never any lights on and I've never seen any people around there either.  

Let's see, what else have we seen around here?

This cute, old Porsche,  parked at a tiny, little post office that we frequented.  

 A view of a portion of the town, while we were out for a drive, "just to see what there was to see." 


But mostly we tried to focus on school, between all the holidays, that is. 







 And I made bread about every other day while we were here.  (We ate sandwiches a lot).


The kids are already for church and looking so cute, I just had to get a picture. 


 Finding a comfortable place to read around here was easy and fun.




 There was always cleaning to do in this big ol' house. 


Taylor loves helping and is always eager to pitch in.  Logan will help when he is asked.  I don't have a picture of him doing any chores, but he took out the trash, vacuumed, dusted and helped bring in wood.  

 But this is what he really wants to do, all the time, play on electronic devices.  He generally doesn't have much time for that, but the weeks that we move, every three months, he ends up playing more than usual. 


The kids also love playing together.  I have no idea what they are doing here, other than playing well together and having fun.  


This is the view as we come down the stairs everyday.  Logan set up a weather vane and rain gauge on Feb. 1st.  So every morning we'd look out this window for our first glimpse at the weather and Logan's weather vane and rain gauge.  I think it's rained around 4 inches this month.  We didn't check it today.

  

 That's about all I've got for now.  We've certainly had a great time during this rotation and will take a ton of memories with us.  



I can't believe we're moving again.  And I can't believe Taylor let me take a picture of her like this.  She's adorable no matter what she's doing though.  

Well, I'll share pictures of our next place soon, I hope. 

 

1 comment:

me/mom/NANA said...

That bread looks so good. I would like the recipe. It is always sad to move but a new adventure awaits you. Can't wait to hear all about the new place!