Sunday, September 25, 2011

Homemade vanilla

I made some homemade vanilla extract earlier this summer.


It was really easy, just put some vanilla seedpods into some rum or vodka and wait. My sister-in-law put me onto the idea. 

I wanted to try it out and see how well it worked.  I made frosting because I thought I'd be able to taste the vanilla easiest in that.  It tasted good, like frosting I've made with purchased vanilla extract.  I wasn't overpowered with vanilla flavor though.  I was hoping for a more powerful vanilla flavor, personally.  It will get stronger with time.  

Taylor loved it though.

Logan had graham crackers without frosting.

Then he made a tic tac toe game in the cracker crumbs and asked me if I wanted to play with him.  I said, "No. Stop playing in your crumbs."  He must have played against an imaginary person because a minute later he shouted, "I won!"

Last week, we met James at a local pizzeria for lunch.  It was one of those places that has a hodge podge of things on the walls and hanging from ceiling.  Random things like bird houses, bicycles, canoes, license plates, statues, etc.  

We were talking and Logan says, "I think we're in a Lost and Found." 

No comments: